Building Seastead Community
Building the Seastead Community is one of the strategies to help advance the seasteading cause. This can also be viewed as publicize/teach/evangelize. The more people who understand and support the seasteading ideas the easier it will be to bring them about.
Arguments In Favor
- Need to organize and educate people to make things happen.
- Many hands make light work.
- More supporters makes fund raising easier.
- It is easier for groups to get together and work on something if there are many seasteading people around.
- If their are enough people sold on the seasteading ideas someone will build a seastead.
- Publicity takes time and often money.
- Most of the potential supporters have already been exposed to the seasteading ideas.
- We have limited resources and should not devote too much to missionary work.
- If we actually had seasteads working, we would naturally attract many more people to the cause. For example if we had some seasteads we could do a Reality TV show and get tons of publicity. So the best way to build the community is to get real seasteads working.
- Danger of spending effort preaching to the choir.