Ephemerisle 2009 Wrap-up
Make sure to add your photos, videos, and stories on the Ephemerisle Community Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=111242694678&ref=ts
We've also established an Ephemerisle Flickr Group http://www.flickr.com/groups/1258065@N21/ where you can add your photos to it. The best way to keep things organized and "discoverable" will be to tag your photos with "ephemerisle" and "ephemerisle09" so that we can add them to the group and post them to the Ephemerisle blog.
NEW: While Ephemerisle 2010 was canceled, the community held their own floating festival Unephemerisle 2010, which also has a pics/vids/etc page.
- Documentary by Jason Sussberg - 9-min HD documentary.
- Ephemerisle 2009 - by Tamas Kalman
- I'm On A Boat spontaneous community dance moment
- Brian Doherty on Ephemerisle vs. Seasteading (shot by Jason Sussberg) - love the transition out of the mini-interview (minterview?)
- First test of Patri's Pirate Pyramid raft - by Sean Hastings. This raft capsized during Patri's journey to the site when he tried climbing to the top for a better view.
- Ephemerisle Saturday night - short clip of how the island looked Saturday night.
- Matt and Holly fighting with light sabers
- Saikat describing Ephemerisle Sunday morning
- "Drunk" guy crosses back from Achievement Lounge (Ben Lavender - seastead.org's sysadmin!)
- Matt's Ripple Theater
- All photos tagged ephemerisle on flickr
- Chris Rasch (257 pics)
- Tamas Kalman (186 pics)
- Liz Henry (136 pics)
- Anja Ulfeldt (89 pics)
- Matt Bell (54 pics)
- Ben Lavender (29 pics) - Ephemerisle & Conference
- Danger Ranger (23 pics)
- Sean Hastings (21 pics)
- Lasse Birk Olesen (38 pics) - Ephemerisle & Conference
- Sean Lynch: Lessons learned at Ephemerisle, and the dairy ferry (about the rope ferry).
- Matt Bell: the Ephemerisle experience - It was beautiful, sublime, chaotic, messy, and full of potential for future years., many pictures.
- ephemerisle, year 1 - a grand success!
- Matt Bell's list of Lessons learned
- Chris Rasch - Thought dump following Ephemerisle ‘09
- Will Wilson -- his questions before attending Ephemerisle, and his thoughts afterwards
- James Hogan
- Patri Friedman - Describing a few tiny fragments of an incredible experience.
- The Irish Times article by Danny O'Brien
- "Seasteaders" Take First Step Toward Colonizing The Oceans
- Ephemerisle Photo Essay on CBS News
- Building Ephemerisle - Reason article by Brian Doherty
Suggestions for Next Year
(contribute your ideas for further adventures here)
What Is Your Favorite Memory or Story from Ephemerisle 2009?
(anything goes really, we want to hear the good stuff)