MedStead I. Business Plan
General Company Description
ClubStead will be in the business of developing, maintaining, and promoting environments that are conducive to the fullest enjoyment of community living, and marketing these environments by leasing to its members exclusive offshore sites for business and residence.
MedStead I. will be the first of several vessels that will offer such environments as part of the ClubStead community. The focus of MedStead I. will be to focus on the many benefits of offshore medical care while minimizing travel requirements.
This vessel will be located about 25 miles off of the coast of Miami in international waters, and move near to other metropolitan areas in the gulf of Mexico in stormy weather. During hurricane season it will have access to various ports.
ClubStead Mission Statement:
ClubStead will develop, maintain, and promote personal and business environments that are free from political restraint, while ensuring safety and peace for members and their associates.
MedStead I. Mission Statement:
MedStead I. will facilitate state-of-the-art medical services with the highest standards of quality at a significantly lower cost by capitalizing on offshore provision, international competition, and market-based regulation.
1) Providing access to alternative care that would otherwise be highly regulated - with an initial focus on less controversial treatments and procedures. Allow the marketplace to prove itself as the best regulator.
2) Lowering the cost and increasing the quality of provision of medical services by allowing greater competition among providers. Medical tourism is driven mostly by the lower cost of foreign medical care for comparable treatment.
3) Granting insurance companies a greater role in the evolution of offshore medical practices and in directing the finance of medicine. Any factor determined to be quantitative by actuarial science is the natural basis for pricing - including lifestyle, genetics, preexisting medical conditions, demand, &c.
Create and grow a demand for high quality near-shore medical services sufficient to double the number (and/or size) of steads each year: One vessel in the first year, two in the second, four in the third, eight in the fourth, &c.
MedStead will market primarily to physicians, insurance companies, and patients.
[Add compelling statistics about the growth industry of medical tourism here.]
Products and Services
1) MedStead I. will provide an environment for cutting edge and alternative medical care at a significantly reduced cost by capitalizing on the global marketplace for the provision of medical services.
2) MedStead I. will encourage the selection and employment of medical professionals directly by insurers in order to meet the highest standard of quality possible at competitive rates.
3) MedStead I. will provide access to certification tools and rating services in order to ensure the highest level of competence among medics.
4) MedStead I. will select and provide a resident property/loss prevention manager, who will manage day to day operations, itineraries, crew staffing, &c on MedStead I.
(lease valuation procedure)
Management and Organization
Professional and Advisory Support
- Management advisory board
- Legal counsel
- Financial strategist
- Insurance agencies
- Mentors and key advisors
Personal Financial Statement
Startup Expenses and Capitalization
12-Month Profit and Loss Projection
Four-Year Profit Projection
Projected Cash Flow
Opening Day Balance Sheet
Brochures and advertising materials
Blueprints of vessels
Wave maps of location
Magazine or other articles
Detailed lists of equipment owned or to be purchased
Copies of leases and contracts
Letters of support from future customers
Any other materials needed to support the assumptions in this plan
Market research studies
List of assets available as collateral for a loan
- Las Portadas
- ClubStead Master Lease
- Restitution Transfer and Recoupment
- Constitution of the Autonomous Freezone of Aquia
- Instead of Politics (Civilization 101) by John Frederic Kosanke