the book is a nice collection of ways to get energy from waves.
- Patent for a wave-operated power plant with more links to other patents.
- The energy you can get from waves is (according to Wikipedia):
- ρ = water density (1020 to 1029 kg·m-3 for Seawater)
- g = gravity acceleration (9.81 m/s2)
- H = wave height
- The West Wave Project
- Wave Hub, 10 miles off Hayle on north coast of Cornwall
- Pelamis Wave Energy Converter
- By Pelamis Wave Power
- CETO - SeaPowerPlan invention
- Hypalon bladders are affixed to a piston that moves inside a tube secured to the seabed. The bladder is a float that rides up and down on underwater wave cycles, and the "piston inside a tube" is a pump that sends high pressure seawater over tubing for remotely generating electricity and/or desalinating the seawater.
- Google Tech Talk
- On wave energy and Pelamis
|Hydrothermal · OTEC · Wave Power · Currents · Osmotic Power · Energy Storage · Micro-grid · Biofuel · Wind turbines · Kites · Photovoltaics · Nuclear|