About the Seasteading Wiki
This is a wiki page for The Seasteading Institute. It is meant to collect and organize community-generated information. Ideas about how to use it:
- ADD YOUR IDEA HERE
Some things that don't belong here:
- Discussion (use the forums instead)
- Duplicated information in the seasteading book. Please link to it instead. The current version is book alpha, but we use the FAQ from the book beta.
Wikis tend to get disorganized, so please feel free to re-organize and re-arrange when needed - organizing information can be just as useful as adding it!
This wiki is our first experiment with using a "standard" technology (MediaWiki) rather than doing everything within Drupal, which powers seasteading.org. Feel free to comment on this choice here.
- Quick & easy (thanks Joep!)
- Separate servers means less DB load, less security issues
- Clear separation between published and community content
- Accounts are not unified (although this may be fixable)
- The theme/look is different
- There is debate over whether Drupal w/ a WYSIWYG editor makes a better wiki than MediaWiki.