Difference between revisions of "Appliances"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Latest revision as of 22:22, 27 July 2017
The book on appliances.
It's important for the Seastead Designer to understand the pros and cons of Alternating Current vs. Direct Current (Ac vs. DC) when choosing an electrical infrastructure to support appliances, tools, and consumer electronics that are expected to be part of a modern, comfortable lifestyle.
- EMerge Alliance Press Release: Standard for DC Power in Occupied Spaces
- Request Public Overview document for Occupied Space DC Power Standard
- Catalog of DC Appliances and Power Systems (Berkeley National Labs)
Gas (Methane/Propane) Powered Appliances
- Propane Refrigeration (Vendor Link)
- DC Air Conditioner (Vendor Link)
- Hybrid Air Conditioners (Vendor Link)
- Split System DC Heat Pump (Vendor Link)
- Evacuated Tubes - For hot water
|Fresh water · Food · Farming · Waste Disposal · Shelter · Appliances · Communications · Transportation · Medical and Health Care · Infrastructure Example|
|Socio-Economic, Political, and Legal|
|Legal · Defense · Money|