- External truss is a minimal-waterline way to provide support.
- Balance spar ensures we have some differential buoyancy based on height, for stability.
- Uses HangingBallast
- Will probably want a LightTopHull
- Depending on platform shape, can be FractalTiling
- Lower hull can be used for EntrainedSeawater
- Balance spar also provides access to waterline for cargo, moon pool, etc.
We will compare this to the Dumbbell, since it is very similar.
- Safety - Truss support may be stronger than a single spar.
- Comfort - Almost all space is on top platform, which means it is in the sun, which is nice.
- Cost - Truss support may be cheaper than a single spar.
- Cargo - Bringing cargo into external strut area may make it easier to hoist.