This session was held Friday, October 10th, 2008. Hosted by Chris Rasch. Here are his slides as a movie.
List of potential problems / issues / bill of rights items
- Bad things that affect others
- Trespass & property
- Real estate
- Code of conduct may be useful
- Vigilanteism as an issue
- Form of arbitration
- Outsourcing violence
- Existential Threats
- Right to secession
- Basic code of conduct
- Decision-making process
Another list, of ideas maybe? I'm not sure
- Murky definitions
- No universal code
- Movie ratings for seasteads (G, PG...X, Unrated...)
- Branding / Franchise
- Sales Tools / Perception
- Need effective communication / relationships
- Want a better place to be freer
- Analogous to hotels / trailer park
- Lenders will write the rules
- Not all will do the same things! (what is TSI's role in that?)
- Collective representation of some universal seasteading interests?
- Right of secession & association
- Is this even needed? Let's build a seastead first!
- Wants vs. Needs for the rules. What rules we want on our seastead vs. what rules we need on all seasteads.