- "...Foamed concrete or lightweight concrete derived from Allied's aqueous foams are suitable for both precast and cast-in-place applications. Some of the highly insulative cementitious foams at densities 48 kg/m3(3 pcf) to 645 kg/m3(40 pcf) or higher can be used as block fills, lightweight roof deck and void-fill materials. Good strength characteristics with reduced weight make lightweight concrete based on Allied's aqueous foams suitable for structural and semi-structural applications such as lightweight partitions, wall and floor panels, and lightweight blocks. Cementitious foams derived from Allied's premium systems are suitable for thin layer coating applications where specific performance criteria are required.
- Foamed concrete and foamed cement made with Allied's foam have very fine pore structure, unlike that made with conventional proteinaceous and surfactant foams. The pore structure of Allied's foams hardly show any sign of deterioration as the density of the foamed cement decreases to below 160 kg/m3 (10 pcf). At densities below 160 kg/m3, the pore texture of foamed cement derived from conventional foam agents becomes so coarse that most of them show severe structural collapse...."
- "...Zeobond Pty. Ltd. is a privately owned Australian-based company focused on the development, commercialisation and manufacturing of geopolymer technology.
- Geopolymers are a type of inorganic polymer formed at room temperature by using industrial waste or by-products as source materials to form a solid binder that looks like and performs a similar function to ordinary Portland cement. Geopolymer binder can be used in applications to replace or partially replace ordinary Portland cement with environmental and technical benefits, including an 80-90% reduction in CO2 emissions and improved resistance to fire and aggressive chemicals. Find further details of the environmental benefits of geopolymer technology in our environment section.
- Zeobond Pty Ltd utilises waste materials of fly ash and bottom ash from power stations, blast furnace slag from iron making plants, and concrete waste to make geopolymers, which is what gives this material the large energy saving. This technology has experienced rapid growth in the last decade with an extensive range of applications particularly in the construction, architectural and refractory industries...."
- "...KEIM Mineral Systems originated in Bavaria in 1878. The technology was developed by A.W. KEIM to rival the appearance and the durability of the lime fresco finishes. The challenge was to withstand the harsh alpine weather. KEIM's mineral finishes met this challenge and are now used extensively, in every climate, in the world.
- The catalyst for KEIM's development was King Ludwig of Bavaria. KEIM Systems found a patron in King Ludwig, who endowed the Arts and is famous for the castles of Bavaria. Thus, KEIM Systems were first used in a decorative mode.
- In technical terms, the liquid mineral color combines a potassium silicate binder with inorganic fillers and natural earth oxide color pigments to produce a 'liquid stone' application. KEIM mineral colors penetrate into the substrate forming a chemical bond with it to become an integral part of the surface.
- The remarkable life cycle of the KEIM systems is proven, as projects exist, in harsh climates, where KEIM has performed satisfactorily for periods in excess of 100 years...."
Gossamer Space Frames - Space frame connector supplier and contractor.
- "... Gossamer Space Frames was formed to develop the use of a unique joint for applications in "space frame" structures. This joint provides a rigid connection for circular tube framing members composed of any material that can be machined.
- Because of the rigidity of this connection, it is possible to develop single layer thin shell structures of any shape where conventional space frame joints lack rigidity and require double layer grid systems. "Any shape" means literally; any shape conceivable, from spherical to hyperbolic, 3D sine waves, complex, or random compound curve surfaces..." Via Gossamer Space Frames
- "...Each tension sleeve is inserted through the end cap and screwed into a block connector, which serves as a node in traditional space frame design (see diagram). The end cap moves axially along the tension sleeve and is threaded onto the tubular member in a "reach and grab" maneuver. Finally, the compression sleeve is threaded down over the end cap and thrust against the block connector...." Via A Modest Pedestrian Bridge Is Quite Well-Connected.
- "...Aquron® 2000 is a non-hazardous, user friendly, permanent, clear treatment/preservative sealant solution for new or old concrete installations that includes a highly reactive catalytic agent in waterborne proprietary colloidal silicate base that produces a silica-hydro gel below the surface and inside concrete’s matrix that will seal the matrix and significantly preserve its imbedded steel. Aquron® 2000 is an ideal primer for concrete to be painted or coated since it enhances the bonding quality of the surface. Aquron® 2000 prevents peeling, cracking and loss of bond caused by capillary moisture or internal chemical reactions that can cause saponification. Aquron® 2000 will arrest or at least severely retard concrete being deteriorated by alkali-aggregate or alkali silicate reactivity, and the potential will be virtually eliminated. Aquron® 2000 is spray applied to a clean dry surface from which any oil, grease or other contaminants have been completely removed..."
|Other projects and organisations · Seastead ventures · Publicity · Cost estimation · Suppliers · Training · Prizes|