Gossamer Space Frames - Space frame connector supplier and contractor.
- "... Gossamer Space Frames was formed to develop the use of a unique joint for applications in "space frame" structures. This joint provides a rigid connection for circular tube framing members composed of any material that can be machined.
- Because of the rigidity of this connection, it is possible to develop single layer thin shell structures of any shape where conventional space frame joints lack rigidity and require double layer grid systems. "Any shape" means literally; any shape conceivable, from spherical to hyperbolic, 3D sine waves, complex, or random compound curve surfaces..." Via Gossamer Space Frames
- "...Each tension sleeve is inserted through the end cap and screwed into a block connector, which serves as a node in traditional space frame design (see diagram). The end cap moves axially along the tension sleeve and is threaded onto the tubular member in a "reach and grab" maneuver. Finally, the compression sleeve is threaded down over the end cap and thrust against the block connector...." Via A Modest Pedestrian Bridge Is Quite Well-Connected.
- "...Zeobond Pty. Ltd. is a privately owned Australian-based company focused on the development, commercialisation and manufacturing of geopolymer technology.
- Geopolymers are a type of inorganic polymer formed at room temperature by using industrial waste or by-products as source materials to form a solid binder that looks like and performs a similar function to ordinary Portland cement. Geopolymer binder can be used in applications to replace or partially replace ordinary Portland cement with environmental and technical benefits, including an 80-90% reduction in CO2 emissions and improved resistance to fire and aggressive chemicals. Find further details of the environmental benefits of geopolymer technology in our environment section.
- Zeobond Pty Ltd utilises waste materials of fly ash and bottom ash from power stations, blast furnace slag from iron making plants, and concrete waste to make geopolymers, which is what gives this material the large energy saving. This technology has experienced rapid growth in the last decade with an extensive range of applications particularly in the construction, architectural and refractory industries...."