To and from Seastead:
Boats and launches, barges, workboats, sailboats
Solar Powered Boats
- "...A five-strong Swiss crew have sailed into history by completing the first solar-powered transatlantic crossing.
- The Sun21 catamaran arrived in Miami late on Thursday, 117 days after leaving Seville in southern Spain. The crew of four academics and one full-time sailor said they were trying to promote the "great potential" of solar power to combat climate change.
- A similar-sized boat would have used about 72 litres of diesel every 24 hours on the same voyage. After reaching Miami, crew member Dr Martin Vosseler told the BBC it was a thrilling experience. "The crossing itself, from Las Palmas to Martinique - 29 days of not seeing any land - that was fantastic. We had very much luck - no storms..."
- "...What is Geodesic Airolite Construction? It is a simple, inexpensive, low-tech, forgiving system utilizing some exotic materials. The sequence consists of building a simple rugged wood framework, braced with triangulated KEVLAR® roving strands. This tough basket-like frame is then covered with Dacron. This is a first cousin to sail cloth; except it heat shrinks. It is a super-weight, airplane wing covering type of fabric, used on crop dusters..."
- "...Solar Sailor 'hybrid marine power' (HMP) and 'solar wing' technology is suitable for a wide range of applications from small-unmanned vessels to large tankers, including ferries, tourist cruisers and private yachts.
- Like hybrid cars, the HMP system combines the efficiency of electric drive with the power of conventional drives. The HMP system also adds renewable energy available particularly the sun and the wind via the 'solar wing' a single device, which harvests both sun and wind energy in a seaworthy manner at sea. Solar Sailor has won numerous awards for design and innovation including the 2001 Australian Design Award of the Year...."
- "...The Aquabus C60 is the ideal partner for communities and operators of passenger and tourism exploitations.
- Equipped with two powerful and efficient electrical propulsions and with the most modern solar panels, this electrosolar catamaran navigates silently and emission free.
- Having the capacity of transporting safely 60 to 75 passengers (depending on the country), it is perfectly adapted to navigate at ease on lakes, rivers and sea as far as 36 km of the coastlines.
- Equipped with silent high performance engines, it is environmentally friendly and can navigate in protected zones, which are forbidden to the powered motor navigation.
- Its 60 m2 passengers deck allows it to be versatile depending on the users needs. Its principal options are seats, bar, water closet, hifi and any other furniture..."
Capable of moving relatively large loads (60-70 tonnes) relatively quickly Hovercraft
Covert transportation? Submarine
Tilt Wing Aircraft
V-22 Osprey 
Wing in Ground Effect vehicles - WIG
|Fresh water · Food · Farming · Waste Disposal · Shelter · Appliances · Communications · Transportation · Medical and Health Care · Infrastructure Example|
|Socio-Economic, Political, and Legal|
|Legal · Defense · Money|